Along with MLK Day celebrations, we will be celebrating Inauguration Day in my classroom this year. I am super excited about the new unit I created to celebrate this important event – I thought since we learned about the election, we needed to follow through the process and study the President being sworn in to office.
Here are a few things that we will be doing:
- Making words with the letters from Inauguration Day
- Writing a newspaper article after watching the inauguration
- Writing about a pet we would take to the White House
- Writing a letter to President Obama congratulating him and offering our advice
- Looking up words about the inauguration words in the dictionary
- Reading about the requirements of being a President and responding
Social studies will make up a huge part of our week – but I am looking forward to it! I love introducing my students to real life situations and scenarios. If you’re interested in implementing some of my ideas head over to my TpT store to pick this up.
Have a fantastic Tuesday friends!!