Monday, December 31, 2012

It's a Wrap - Good-bye 2012!

Happy New Year’s Eve!  I am so excited to say that we are not doing anything special tonight.  Whew – we had a wonderful whirlwind trip and I am glad to be staying home with Mr. Realistic, Realistic Sons and Realistic Girlfriend.

I quickly whipped up lesson plans this morning after arriving home late last night so snuggling in with some homemade goodies (thanks to the girlfriend – remember, I don’t cook or bake) and a glass of wine for the Mr. and I sounds like a perfect night!

I sharing a few linky parties today (after being away – there are a ton I want to share, but here are a few highlights).


Jenn at The Teachers Cauldron is having a New Year’s Resolution Linky – maybe this will help me stay focused this year.  The task is to share one personal and one blog resolution.  This is easy – make sure to head over to her blog to share yours.

My personal resolution is to take better care of myself this year – physically and emotionally.  Yes, that means I’ll be at the gym, but it also means I am going to spend some time this year doing some self-reflecting.

My blog resolution this year is to host my own linky parties!  I tried my first in December and I can’t wait to host another!


Michelle at Making it as a Middle School Teacher is also hosting a linky…13 things that you’re looking forward to or taking part in during 2013. 

Here is my list of 13…


and finally...


I am joining Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies First 12 in the Last of 12 linky party.  What a great way to reflect on the year – especially, after making all these resolutions and commitments!  My firsts didn't occur until I started my blog in September, but wow - what a ride!

9/16/12 - I've Taken the Blog Plunge
9/16/12 (Part 2) - Monthly Featured Author Post
9/17/12 - Whole Brain Teaching Rule 6
9/18/12 - Nifty Thrifty Cart
9/19/12 - Talking Chain Success
9/22/12 - Busy Saturday
9/23/12 - Thematic Paper
9/29/12 - A Little of This and a Little of That
9/30/12 - Snapshot Sunday
10/7/12 - Just Let Me Rant!
10/13/12 - My Week in Pictures, a Fantastic Field trip, and a Cinderella Conclusion
10/13/12 (Part 2) - You've Been Boo'd Party

Make sure you link up with Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies blog and show me what you were doing last year!

Happy New Year all!  I hope that you have a wonderful evening!!

12 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a nice New Years Eve planned! Mr. Frugal Teacher and I get to drive our kids to and from all of their fun events! I'm you newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you're joining me on my journey!! I had to hop over to your blog (I'm already a follower) and list. I love the social media pros and cons list - fabulous!!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! I would like to work on having consistent blog posts as well. I think sometimes with school work, I find myself neglecting my blog! I found your blog through Making it as a Middle School Teacher's Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2013! Good luck in all of your endeavors this year!
    Hilary
    Second Grade is Out of This World!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary!! So much to accomplish this year - I don't think I'll get a moment of peace ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm having a quiet New Year's Eve as well and I'm loving it! Welcome to the world of blogging! I've really been enjoying being part of the teacher/ blogger community. Don't you love Whole Brain Teaching?

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Realistic,
    I had to stop by and give you a shout out!!! Thank you for being a part of of my 200 Follower Giveaway!!
    Crystal
    Ms. Jones’ Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      You're welcome! Thanks for letting me "tag along". Congrats on a huge accomplishment :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for linking up with me!

    I'm your newest follower!

    I so want to put Guided Math in place. I had hoped to do so in August, but I just couldn't get it together in time. Hopefully this August will be a winner!

    Good luck with your goals. :)

    ~Michelle
    Making It As A Middle School Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also found you through Lorraine's link up. Congratulations on your new blog's success.

    ReplyDelete