I received an awesome nomination today – which made my Thanksgiving even sweeter – for the Liebster Award. Thanks to Learning with Mrs. Leeby who nominated me. I am really flattered!!
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers – yep, that’s me!! It’s to show that new bloggers are appreciated and help spread the word about our little pieces of cyberspace.
Here are the rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see who you nominate.
Whoa – 11 random things about me…
1. I love Zumba!!! I’ve never been a workout girl, but I joined the gym and am now addicted. I go to Zumba twice a week and work with my trainer the other day.
2. I wanted to be a teacher since I was in 1st grade. I had an amazing teacher (Mrs. Mock) who inspired me to love reading and writing.
3. I love reading! Every year I try to read at least 200 new books.
4. I eventually want to teach abroad – even if it is only for one or two years. I couldn’t leave my boys for too long and I definitely won’t be able to do this until they are both in college. Mr. Realistic isn’t
as passionate about this
5. I have an obsession with reality TV. It drives Mr. crazy but I can’t help it – Storage Wars, Buried Alive, Hoarders, American Pickers…if it’s on A&E or the History channel I love it. I know – nerd (ha, I’m really okay with that!)
6. I talk to myself – all the time! It doesn’t matter if someone is in the room with me or not. This even happens in public –
sometimes it’s embarrassing when
someone catches me, but I can’t help it! My guys are always saying, “What?” and
I have to admit, “Sorry, I was talking to myself…again”
7. I practice my handwriting. I have since I was little, because I always knew I would need perfect teacher handwriting!
8. If I don’t do things well I choose not to do them at all. I am a perfectionist so if I don’t exceed expectations then I just don’t do it. That is one of the reasons I don’t cook! My contribution to Thanksgiving is usually Jello. Yes, I’m that cousin!
9. I want to spend my whole summer in Michigan. I miss my family sooo much it hurts and I want to spend the next summer with them. I’m working on making that goal happen, but I currently teach at a year-round school and I’d have to move to a traditional school. I hate the thought of leaving my school because I love it there!!
10. I despise math. I don’t tell my students this, but I do tell them that we all like certain subjects better than others, but that we need to do our best at all of them. Most of them have figured out my favorite by the end of the year though!
11. I have a passion for children’s literature and collect children’s books! Yes, it is an obsession. I love to figure out what students like and find the perfect book for them to read. I also love to read aloud to my students!!!
Questions from Mrs. Leeby:
1. Do you plan an instrument?
No – I “played” the flute in middle school, but I couldn’t read the music so I just copied the finger movements of the first chair. Yes, I was last chair. My poor parents had to listen to me try to play every night. They are saints!
2. Where have you traveled?
I have been to 29 states. I want to make sure that my children see the entire country before they graduate from college. I think it is super important for them to understand the country they live in.
Outside of the United States, I have only been to the Bahamas, Mexico, and Canada; but there are so many places I want to see!!
3. What is your favorite thing to cook or your favorite recipe?
I hate to cook – but I have tons of favorite recipes for others to make for me. Yes, that is the princess in me talking! My grandma makes the most amazing pasta from scratch and I have amazing memories of baking and cooking with her in the kitchen. I love when my mom makes me meatloaf – it is the best!!
4. How long have you been teaching?
I’ve always loved to teach people new things; but officially this is my sixth year in the classroom.
5. What’s your zodiac sign?
I am a Libra. You can definitely tell because I like balance in my life – although I rarely get it because I am always busy with one project or another.
6. Camping or hotel on a beautiful summer weekend?
Hotel!!! I am not an “outdoorsy” girl. I am fortunate that my parents have a cottage on a lake in Michigan, so I am really a cottage kinda girl! The last camping trip I went on was for my boys Cub Scout group and we went in a camper.
7. Most embarrassing blogging moment?
I can’t answer that. I haven’t been blogging long enough to have an embarrassing moment. I’m sure, with my luck, that it will happen soon enough!
8. Bath or shower?
Shower – I don’t have time for the bath. Some of my best ideas happen in the shower!!
9. Wine or beer?
I am really not a beer girl – long story &
definitely not appropriate for my blog.
I recently found a wine I finally like, but I am more of a liquor girl.
Give me cake vodka in a cookies and cream milkshake any day!!
10. Real or fake Christmas tree?
I only have real Christmas trees growing up and I only had real trees when we lived in Michigan, but now that we’ve moved, it’s easier to put up a fake one.
11. Is blogging taking over all of your free time?
Blogging is beginning to take up a lot of my time, but I am not letting it take over my life…Mr. Realistic would not agree! I make sure that I take time to work out too, but I’ve put reading on the back burner. I’ve also started tutoring lately so that is starting to take up some of my “free” time.
Blogs I’m Nominating
Questions for blogs I’m nominating:
1. What is your favorite genre?
2. Do you parallel park or find another spot?
3. Do you have any tattoos? How many? Of what?
4. What is your favorite book?
5. When did you last laugh?
6. Where have you traveled and what was your favorite place?
7. Do you like to dance?
8. What is your favorite type of music?
9. Have you ever, or would you ever, go skydiving or bungee jumping?
10. Do you garden?
11. If you could eat lunch with a favorite person who would it be?