One of the great things this week is that my son and his girlfriend will be home from college for Thanksgiving break on Tuesday evening! Yayyy!! I’ve missed the oldest Realistic son and girlfriend. Of course, they will have to leave again on Sunday, but that means 5 days with him! Youngest Realistic has already signed up for his “time slots” so that he can get some video game time. Seriously!?! Boys!
I’m linking with Jenn & Jessica's 5 for Five list again this week.
Here is how last week turned out…
1. Finish the Nutcracker Unit – Check, done! It turned out great and I can’t wait to use it!! I won’t go into all the details again so if you’re curious check out my blog post here.
2. Go to the gym…um, not so much. It is going on the list again this week. Since I have been tracked out I’ve found it hard to fit my typical workout into my routine.
3. Focus on the growth of my blog and Facebook pages – Check, done!! I have a few new followers this week and I have posted quite a few times. I’m not done growing, but can say I’m happy with the progress I made this week!
4. Start & possibly finish my Christmas Eve Pack – Check, done! I am so excited about the way it turned out!! I can’t wait to give it to my kiddos before break. It is always amazing that when I give them “extra” work they race to do it – like it’s a holiday treat! You can check out my post & get it for FREE here!
5. Eat breakfast everyday… nope, didn’t make this one either. Like I said before, my routine is totally off since I’m tracked out. I feel like a traditional teacher in the summer, except I still have to get up early to get youngest Realistic to school I just eat what I want when I want. Not a good thing…
This week’s goals…
1. Check out a new – non-teaching – library book. And READ it! I need to take some time for myself this week.
2. Get oldest Realistic his new phone – for his birthday! Yayyy – I can’t wait to get him the new i-phone. He needs a new phone for sure!!
3. Get to the gym at least twice this week – today for sure!! I can’t miss Monday Zumba!!
4. Continue to grow my little slice of cyberspace… a repeat from last week, but important to me right now.
5. Take time to enjoy my family and friends. Maybe we can make some time to see the new Lincoln movie – no, not the one with vampires, the other “historical” one. I have to convince the kids to go with me…I might have a plan!
Okay – I know I’m long winded today, but don’t leave yet – I have a Manic Monday freebie for you!! A creative writing freebie – If I Had Magic Shoes…
Have a great Monday all!!