Sunday, October 7, 2012

Just Let Me Rant!

I am SUPER Ex-cited today!  I joined another linky party!  That’s right; you know I am a sucker for parties!  Thanks to…
 
 
 
 
 
here is what I’m up to!


Please head over to her site and let me know what you're up to!
I have actually had a busy weekend – besides just sitting on the couch watching football! Ha!  I’ve been working on more math plans – by the end of the year my kids are going to be math whizzes! 

And, I am working on a Cinderella project.  It’s not quite done, but I’m getting there.  Yesterday, I posted new “stuff” in my store…for Columbus Day.  Head over and catch a glimpse.
This week’s main focus has been getting my kids to improve their Daily 5 stamina and independence.  It has been tough – really…my group last year got it quickly, but this year I seem to have every ADHD kid in the building and they just can’t sit still. 

I’m like a broken record, “Please, get off the wall, put your headphones on and listen to reading.” “No, your job is not to worry about what they are doing, rule 6” as I point to my nose, “just get your book box and do your job.”  These are just two of the phrases you will hear when you enter my classroom during our literacy block!  Ugh…yes, lots of wine, that is the solution!
Happy Sunday all!


11 comments:

  1. I know how you feel with the "needing". That was me all last year. It was the worst year I have ever had. Hopefully things get better for you! And if they don't... look on the bright side... only x more days until a new class next year :)
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Currently also talks about my long list of to dos!! Unfortunately here in Nevada we do not get Columbus Day off. It makes me miss New York. Enjoy your extra day. I am your newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get Columbus Day off - I wish! My son, who is a college student does, and it means he gets to enjoy some extra days at home. Public school - Columbus Day...I wish :)

      I am glad that you're along for the journey!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for popping by and yes, it sounds like we do have a ton in common:) So happy your son is home...I'm hoping to see my girl next weekend....fingers crossed:))


    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I'm a new follower! The title of your blog totally pulled me in. I love it. :) It's a rainy morning here too. Yay for sweats & coffee to help with lesson planning! I look forward to sharing ideas with you. Hope you'll come over and check me out!

    Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Kristin! I am so glad we could share our coffee this morning! It looks like you've got lots of great ideas and I can't wait to "dig in" to your blog!!

      Delete
  5. I hope you enjoy your time with your son! and i agree extra days off are definatly needed!

    Jessica
    lifeonspencerst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! We've had a great time - refilled his dorm supplies and he's ready to go again!

      Delete
  6. I need a holiday! No Columbus Day for us. Labor Day to Thanksgiving is waaaaay too long.

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...it is just too long for us and the kids. I need an extra day or two just to get organized. And, maybe lay around and relax for a few hours!

      Delete